My photo
A gentleman thief in search of common sense.

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

One man's crutch is another man's cane.

I find canes an incredibly cool thing. That is why I bought a wooden one at a garage sale, and made another out a branch (it was going to be burned!). Every now and again the fit will take me and I will walk around the house with one of them. I haven't yet had the courage/lunacy to go outside with them.....yet.

Though, when you consider that I have had this current cane spout for several days now, it might well escalate into a trip outside.

Why canes you won't ask? Well, it's just a strangely cool way to walk. And I have been watching several discs of House episodes back to back. Nothing puts one in a more caney mood than that.

However! I did always like canes even before I knew of the tv show. Call it my older brother, who loves canes, suits, and pipes, rubbing off on me. But hey, I was young and foolish, and since he was my older brother, he obviously knew what was cool. And if he thought canes were cool, then who be I to disagree? Especially if disagreeing was dangerous for my health.

One of the reasons my current cane binge has gone for as long as it has is that it helps drain some of the tension my neighbours give me. I can relax a bit when they are playing their ----- tv too loud by thinking of myself as a grumpy cripple who has no problem telling them a piece of his mind if it gets too much. That the theory anyway, or least, I think it is. Either way, canes are a cool thing.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Dan. You've gained a new reader. :) And oddly enough, I do the same thing! With canes, that is. Except mine are more like short staves. But still. :D

    ReplyDelete