My photo
A gentleman thief in search of common sense.

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Luck of the Draw

You ever wonder what that means, "luck of the draw"? I just did. But I also figured it out fairly quickly. Moving on.

I seem to have been having a run or weird luck lately. Bad luck that it's been snowing several times in the last week, not only making work lousy, but making it impossible for me to get anything done on a trailer I am working on, and that I really need to finish this summer (it will only be the third summer I have worked on it) because I need the money I will make when I have sold it (it's cost enough to get materials for it in the first place).

There has been good luck in that I (and my sister) have finally gotten everything sorted out with the landlord for when the lease runs out. It's........... complicated, so I won't bore you with the complicated and annoying details, but I will say that I do not look forward to college this fall whenever I think about having to find another apartment.

Bad luck in that my hip got really painful today when I pinched a tendon somehow(according to the doctor) and missed out on work. They probably weren't too happy about me missing work either, since we were already going to be short-staffed that day anyway, and had a couple of awkward deliveries scheduled. I'm curious to see how they managed when I get in tomorrow, assuming I am able to.

Good luck by finding three cubit feet of used Lego at a thrift store for only 90 bucks. And since half of what I paid for isn't Lego, I am going to return that, and get some cash back. The fifty or so bucks that I did spend is more that worth with, when you consider that the fig's re-sale price alone is worth almost twice that. Good stuff that.

Good luck that I have heard the most wonderful news. EVER! A Lego store, the first in Canada, is opening only 1.5 hours away from me!! Check out this oh-so-awesome link I found if you don't believe me: Monster.ca. Unbelievable news my friends, unbelievable!!!! I have been waiting so long for this to happen, and to have it come to the closest possible place to me, it just blows me away.

The bad luck though, is that when it comes (mid to late summer I suspect) it will be right around the time I move six hours east to college (assuming I have been accepted). If I wasn't moving, my newly created LUG (Lego User Group) would benefit immensely from this (and it might still do so without me). Not only would we have the perfect focal point for meetings, (a pick-a-brick too!) but it would be a truly awesome way to find new members, and a potential place to showcase our MOCs and get some inside news on things. Now I am just going to have sit for awhile and bask in the glow of these thoughts......




Ah...










yeah...







Okay, I'm done.

I really don't know why I made this post, with little or no direction or purpose in it. I guess just to make sure I don't have another month of no posts, and to help spread my elation at having a Lego store in Canada! Whoot! Whoot!

No comments:

Post a Comment