My photo
A gentleman thief in search of common sense.

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Painful Business.

Moving is a painful experience, especially if you live on the third floor of an elevatorless building. All the hauling of junk you don't need, to the unpacking of said stuff, to the experience of getting used to a new abode. I have this time however, found a new source of pain. Lego.

Or more accurately, the lack of Lego. While my bricks are still with me and will indeed be moving to my new place, getting their own room in fact, I cannot build with them for probably close to a month. Having just finished sorting and reorganizing all the bricks, I felt it was not in their or my best interest to go making a mess again just as I am moving. Therefore, once the sorting was complete they have remained untouched by me, just sitting in the corner tormenting me with ideas. When in the next week or two I actually move into the new place, I doubt that I will immediately get to using them. What with still working, unpacking, and being in a tired/lazy state, not to mention the adventure likely to ensue with trying to set up an actual Lego room, I doubt much will be done until August.

This pain was brought back to sharp focus today when I watched footage from the recent Lego convention, Brickworld. Seeing all these cool people showing off all their cool stuff really made me want to get building. Oh the pain!

Still, this pain could theoretically make me actually want to get moving. I hate change, and moving is about as big of change as one can have happen. I am scared stiff at the thought of living elsewhere, in some strange place that probably has a crime rate only slightly lower than the bad parts of New York, with neighbors in the building who probably get drunk and beat up each other each night. Yes, I am paranoid. Of course, the biggest worry some thought is that my sister will be moving in with me. Though we get along fairly okay these days, of all my siblings relationships, ours has had the worst, most hate filled, evil, etc moments. Even now, with us both adults, friction does happen. Strangely, I have noticed that it happens more often when we are in the company of others. For whatever reason we seem to get along better when on our own. This I suppose gives hope for me, as we will be living alone.

What really sucks though is that my Lego can't be used at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment