My photo
A gentleman thief in search of common sense.

Thursday, August 20, 2009

It seems fated.

Well, just when the bones tournament was over, I was almost finished unpacking, life was getting back into a routine, and I was about ready to start building for BrickCon. And then the washing machine broke and flooded water all over my apartment. And now my floor is torn up, my possessions stacked haphazardly in a corner, and I am spending the nights at my parents. I guess it has just been fated that I will not get any sort of head start on building. If I am lucky, mid to late next week I will be able to start, though knowing me, I suspect it might not be until the beginning of September. Which is all right I guess, I mean, that’s when I started last year. However, last year I only built one 32 stud by 64 stud creation. This time I am building way more. I actually have some ideas this year, and it's really, really, REALLY annoying that I can't get at it, since I actually have the urge to build.

And the urge to build doesn't come all that often to me. I need to capitalize on it when it comes. But I can't! All because of that (insert words not commonly spoken in polite society) washing machine. If only I had gotten up off the couch earlier.......oh well.

So yeah, this is another reason why blog posts will be, and have been, in short supply. I spent the first night after the flood at my place, but it was a lousy, very lousy night. Between just thinking about it, and the fan that the guys had put in to dry it out, and everything, well, I was a zombie at work. Last night and tonight I spent at my parents, because I just couldn’t stand staying at my place, and I needed a real rest. Of course this means a 40 minute commute to work. And my truck is almost ready for its oil change, and all this extra traveling is going to make it happen sooner. And I am going to get a guy to show me how to actually change it, but if it were closer to BrickCon, so that when I make the trip, the truck is in peak condition, it would be better. Which reminds me, I have to get the guys at the shop to fix my steering wheel, which always goes a bit to the right, I think. It’s funny though, on the way back home tonight, it was windy enough that it almost balanced out the problem. Okay, end ramble.


Now, I must go and pace frantically until the floor is repaired.

No comments:

Post a Comment