My photo
A gentleman thief in search of common sense.

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Rest in peace math.

You know, it's funny; the next two days after I wrote that post, I spent all of work shovelling. We were graced though to have two weeks of above freezing weather right after, so the shovelling actually did something, and the yard actually got a little cleared. Crazy stuff.

I have come to realize that I learned very little in high school. Now more than two years since I graduated, I have next to no memory of math. I could maybe do a bit of the simpler algebra (I had to just recently get clarification on what algebra was exactly) but forget all that geometric stuff. Though to be fair, I think I purposely erased that information. All that triangle stuff was just....bleah!

So here I am now, blissfully unaware of imaginary numbers. They apparently exist, according a friend versed in such things, but I don't believe it. If they were real, then all the other things I imagine should be real too. And if there were true, I wouldn't be in this apartment typing a blog post. Me and my imaginary (and real) friends would be enjoying some extremely expensive entertainment and refreshments.

Maybe I should have learnt all that math though. Then maybe all my imaginary stuff would come true. Now there's a thought. I always wondered what those mathematicians saw. Perhaps that way lies the moon bagels.

And yet, I don't think I'll lose any sleep over it. Just a brief glance at my friends simply math stuff is more than enough to blow my mind. And as I enjoy an un-blow-up mind, I'll stick to where I am.

1 comment:

  1. Ha, I didn't know that conversation on Chat would make it to your blog... interesting. Keep on blogging!

    ReplyDelete